23 January 2019
President of the Republic of South Africa, Mr Cyril Ramaphosa will brief media today at the WEF media village to give a global update on the South African economy and its drive to boost investment.
The President is leading the South African delegation with a primary objective to strengthen partnerships and collaboration for inclusive economic growth and development in South Africa, with particular emphasis on increasing international investment into the country.
One of the focus areas for the team is to showcase South Africa’s preparedness for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, in line with this year’s WEF theme: “Globalization 4.0: Shaping a Global Architecture in the Age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
Date: TODAY, 23 January 2019
Time: 13h30 Swiss time (14h30 SAT)
Venue: WEF Global Media Village
He will be supported by the South African Cabinet Ministers:
1. Finance Minister Tito Mboweni
2. International Relations Minister Lindiwe Sisulu
3. Economic Development Minister Ebrahim Patel
4. Trade & Industry Minister Rob Davies
5. Communications Minister Stella Ndabeni- Abrahams
6. Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan
7. Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi
8. Energy Minister Jeff Radebe
The Press Conference will be live on the WEF Global platforms. You are invited to participate by logging on the WEF link at 13h30 Swiss time (14h30 SAT)
Media enquiries: Khusela Diko, Spokesperson to the President – 072 854 5707
ISSUED BY THE PRESIDENCY